Subject: Final review of WG23 Fortran Vulnerabilities document

From: Steve Lionel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2026 14:45:32 -0400

This message is for WG5 (includes J3) members only.

Stephen Michell, WG23 Convenor, wrote:

“Erhard and I are doing a final edit on ISO IEC 24772-8 Fortran
vulnerabilities before publication. I need a list of current Fortran WG
members to do a last review for us.

The document went through DIS ballot and had lots of editorial changes from
the ISO editor, as well as comments from Japan.

One of the purposes of the review is to ensure that we did not change
anything that would cause us to go to FDIS ballot.”

He asked me to send the relevant documents to WG5 for a final look-over. I
have uploaded them to the WG23 folder in the J3 Meeting Files area. The
files are:

  WG23-N1567 - The  24772-8 Fortran vulnerabilities document from  ISO
after ballot and with Editorial changes by ISO editor.

  WG23-N1566 - The  ISO summary NB and editorial comment sheet with our
responses.

  WG23-N1571 - The 24772-8 document with our changes and responses to
editor’s comments.

  WG23-N1572 - The 24772-8 document as a difference between what came form
ISO and Erhard’s and my end product.

Please make any markups on that last document and send them to Stephen at
[email-masked]

Steve L